- Microwave Technology: Provides point-to-point or point-to-cloud access to Vodacom Business such as Dedicated internet access (DIA), Virtual Private networks(VPN), cloud services and voice over internet Protocol (VOIP). This service is available in all major metros.
- Satellite access service: An option for customers to connect to Vodacom business from virtually anywhere, for services such as DIA, VPN and VOIP.
- Satellite Connect from Vodacom: Vodacom’s broadband VSAT services offer robust business connectivity to the internet anywhere in south Africa, as a possible alternative to ADSL and 3G, especially in areas with limited or no coverage. This service is a true ubiquitous, high-speed internet services and supports options guaranteed VOIP (Voice over internet Protocol).
Designed for companies that need high bandwidth between two sites, Metro Ethernet LAN Connect is managed access solution that provides cost-effective and flexible high-capacity Ethernet service.
- Metro E IP Connect: A managed Ethernet solution for high capacity-access to IP services from Vodacom Business, such as Internet, MPLS, ect. This service is available in metros in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban and Capetown.
- ADSL: Vodacom Business offers ADSL as a Broadband option to connect to the Vodacom Business Network.
Vodacom Business Partners with third party providers to give customers the widest reach on services like Diginet and eThekwini Metro Connect.
- IPLC: International Private Leased Circuits (IPLCs) are the basis of building blocks for international connectivity, providing Bandwidth for Global communications networks.
These private leased services are Dedicated to the customer’s exclusive use. Using Vodafone’s global reach network. Vodacom Business is able to provide reliable, seamless, protected connectivity in Africa, Europe, Asia and the Americas.
- Access Point Name (APNs): An access point name (APN) is a point of entry into an IP network from a mobile device. Vodacom offers business customers private, public and managed APN solutions. A private APN provides private access to a company’s intranet and platform. It can also provide control over a company’s mobile data spend.
A public APN is typically associated with all subscribers by default, for example Vodacom’s public internet APN allows all subscribers access to the internet by default.
- Mobile Data: High speed mobile data access for speeds up to 50Mbps.
In telecommunications, a broadband signalling method is one that handles a wide band of frequencies. “Broadband” is a relative term, understood according to its context. The wider (or broader) the bandwidth of a channel, the greater the data-carrying capacity, given the same channel quality.
Fibre to the home
Fiber to the home (FTTH), also called “fiber to the premises” (FTTP), is the installation and use of optical fiber from a central point directly to individual buildings such as residences, apartment buildings and businesses to provide unprecedented high-speed Internet access. FTTH dramatically increases the connection speeds available to computer users compared with technologies now used in most places.
While FTTH promises connection speeds of up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) — 20 to 100 times as fast as a typical cable modem or DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) connection — implementing FTTH on a large scale will be costly because it will require installation of new cable sets over the “last links” from existing optical fiber cables to individual users. Some communities currently enjoy “fiber to the curb” (FTTC) service, which refers to the installation and use of optical fiber cable to the curbs near homes or businesses, with a “copper” medium carrying the signals between the curb and the end users.